A remedy for unreliable in-building cellular connectivity
Everyone can relate to poor cellular reception inside a building. In fact, with 80% of mobile traffic happening indoors, dropped calls and cellular dead zones have become common in the workplace.
However recently, as fifth generation mobile technology (5G) continues to be deployed globally, the demand for indoor connectivity has grown, and is expected to continue to grow exponentially, making in-building wireless connectivity the new “must have” among building owners and managers.
To address this need, CBTS has developed a fiber-based, multi-carrier Distributed Antenna System (DAS) that delivers strong, reliable wireless connectivity to any type of mobile device no matter where they are inside a building.
“CBTS understands that mobility is mission-critical for organizations that require employees to work in multiple locations throughout the day. Our DAS solution delivers seamless connectivity for mobile users anywhere inside their work location, and is designed to integrate with future technologies such as 5G.
John Scola, Director Mobility Operations at CBTS
The CBTS solution is ideal for multi-level buildings and areas that lack reliable cellular connectivity, while delivering:
- 5G ready infrastructure that is scalable to meet growing usage needs while ensuring lower cost of ownership and the ability to use most available frequencies.
- Higher speeds and lower latency for organizations that are adopting a mobile-first approach for employees.
- Enhanced public safety through integration with most emergency notification systems and improved ability to call 911 throughout the building.
- Level of network reliability required for IoT and machine-to-machine learning solutions
The in-building wireless solution is also available as a Service, which means CBTS provides the following:
- Initial building and wireless network assessment.
- Custom design and engineering of DAS solution.
- Management of installation.
- Carrier onboarding and management.
- Turn up of network with close-out package.
- Ongoing 24×7 monitoring.
- Monthly status and analytics reporting.
- Flexible financing options, including optional upfront CapEx and a monthly OpEx service fee model