Communication channels are rapidly changing alongside evolutions in software. With remote work now commonplace, agile enterprises are turning to hosted unified communications as a service (hosted UCaaS) to maximize productivity. For organizations adopting the Cisco Webex collaboration tool, leading technology provider CBTS is delivering an integrated platform that empowers companies to stay completely connected.
While such integration can increase your organization’s productivity and efficiency, staring at a computer screen all day can also have an impact on your staff’s physical and mental well-being.
This blog will detail remote work best practices that can help your teams adjust to working from home. Implementing these best practices can result in happier workers and higher levels of productivity.
The impact of remote work on mental health
According to a survey conducted last year by health benefits provider Aetna International, around 33% of people working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic were concerned about their mental health.
The online survey compiled responses from more than 4,000 employees and 1,000 employers in the United States, United Kingdom, Singapore, and United Arab Emirates. Based on this sample population, the survey found that:
- Stress (32%) and weight gain (43%) were the top health concerns for remote employees.
- About 74% of all workers—including 88% of those aged 18 to 24—said poor mental health had negatively impacted their productivity.
- Nearly 84% of employees surveyed agreed that their mental health was more important in 2020 than the year prior.
- 40% of employers expressed concern that a lack of social interaction would have negative long-term effects on employee mental health.
- Around 61% of workers want to return to the office by mid-2021. 81% said they would return if able to work remotely for part of the week.
Since March 2020, CBTS has been exploring ways to enhance the remote work experience. As businesses move from pandemic mode to long-term planning, executives must put remote work best practices in place to create a working environment that supports the needs of employees.
Make the best out of your remote work practices with Webex
The CBTS Hosted Unified Communications (UC) solution is now fully integrated with Webex. This combines two powerful platforms to deliver the ultimate collaboration and communications experience.
Building on our mutual vision to delight the small to medium business customer, Cisco is thrilled to join with CBTS to deliver Hosted UC with Cisco Webex. With fully integrated Webex technology, CBTS users will experience a modern, all-in-one collaboration tool that delivers simple, flexible communications, making their businesses more productive and more secure.Tony Lopresti
Product Management Director
At the click of a button on the Webex app, users can:
- Make and receive calls.
- Send and receive instant messages.
- Set up audio conferences.
- Host and attend video meetings.
- Share screens and files.
- Integrate apps to build relationships and speed projects forward.
This convenience, flexibility, and user-friendly operation aligns Webex with remote work best practices that keep teams productive and engaged.
Conclusion: Bringing power to the people who work remotely
Seamless integration of Cisco Webex permits workers to meet instantly and securely while ensuring the best and most stress-free remote work experience possible.
Contact CBTS for more information on how Webex can keep your remote teams healthy, productive, and engaged.