Manufacturing facilities are active, busy settings. In addition to challenges such as streamlining operations and updating equipment and technology, these businesses also require reliable and effective mass-notification solutions. These technologies keep employees both safe and knowledgeable while maintaining operations and minimizing downtime.
CBTS provides a reliable, cloud-based solution
CBTS offers manufacturing facilities an innovative collaboration solution called Hosted Enterprise UC. CBTS Hosted Enterprise UC is a cloud-based, fully hosted unified communications (UC) solution.
The InformaCast Fusion mass-alert technology is a new component of our Hosted Enterprise UC solution. The cloud-based mass-alert system from Singlewire Software is fully integrated into Hosted Enterprise UC. It can also be integrated into existing systems, eliminating the need for costly upgrades. This solution is ideal for manufacturing facilities, where challenges such as connecting multiple buildings and communicating in noisy environments are common.
Mass notification technology reaches all employees across all locations, delivering both audio and visual messages clearly and immediately. These messages can be used for:
- Severe weather and natural disasters. In the event of hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzards, and other weather-related natural disasters, the solution allows manufacturing facilities to inform employees on-site and at home about evacuation procedures and shift protocols.
- Accidents. Despite numerous safety precautions, manufacturing facilities are dangerous places. Many locations handle hazardous materials, as well as complex machinery. Should an accident occur, mass notifications inform all employees and communicate the actions that personnel must take immediately.
- Safety alerts. Manufacturing facilities may need to mass message employees in the event of other safety emergencies, such as hacking attacks, active shootings, or fires.
Mass-notification technologies are vital for manufacturing facilities. They provide innumerable benefits, including:
- Easier access for first responders. A mass-notification solution allows manufacturers to communicate with employees immediately, redirecting people away from the scene and mobilizing the necessary emergency personnel. Geolocation services can focus on a specific area, limiting unnecessary access. This makes it easier for first responders arriving on the scene to deal with the emergency.
- Multiple delivery points. Hosted Enterprise UC sends notifications to a variety of on- and off-premises devices, including office phones, computer desktops, digital signage, public announcement systems, panic buttons, texts, emails, mobile calls, push notifications, and more. These notifications can be sent to a variety of recipients, including employees, vendors, and suppliers.
- Real-time updates. System administrators can send notifications through a mobile app or web console and view who has received the message. The solution also includes a “please respond” feature so management can learn who is safe and who needs assistance. Additionally, administrators can configure the system so that it immediately alerts leadership to a conference call.
A reliable, full-service solution
Hosted Enterprise UC provides CBTS clients with premier mass-messaging capabilities. CBTS supplies this technology to hospitals and school systems, where mass notifications can help save lives and alert entire campuses in the event of an emergency. This technology is also critical for manufacturing facilities, which need to quickly, efficiently, and successfully reach a large number of employees in the event of a crisis.
If your manufacturing facility needs advanced mass-messaging capability, talk to the experts at CBTS.
Learn about best practices for effectively communicating emergencies.
Check out our three-part series on creating a roadmap for Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS):
Part I: Start with a deep assessment
Part II: Creating a process analysis
Part III: Rallying support from stakeholders