Contingency planning during the Coronavirus outbreak
A robust contingency plan must address both the needs of the company and needs of the employees and customers in a way that protects people and maintains stability and productivity.
Components of an Effective Contingency Plan
- Must address both the needs of the company and the needs of its employees
- Communication to employees in timely and transparent manner
- Explicitly stated travel policy
- Operational contingency plan to support customers
- Remote working standards
- Proper hygiene practices
- Resources for accurate information
- Open lines of communication with local, state, and federal agencies
Read a list of guidelines and recommendations.