Network security remains a vital issue for CEOs, especially considering that 32% of organizations have experienced major cyber attacks in the past two years, according to the 2019 Harvey Nash/KPMG CIO survey.
The cost of security breaches continues to grow as well. According to data from IBM Security, the average cost of a data breach rose to $3.92 million in 2019, a figure that should concern anyone keeping a close eye on today’s rapidly evolving IT landscape. To keep ahead of malicious digital threats that seem to grow more sophisticated every day, a truly modern cyber security strategy is called for.
As speed, time, and security are watchwords for any unified automation platform, CBTS is simplifying security environments for modern enterprises by leveraging the Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform. This technology provides role-based access control, security, auditing, and delegation, utilizing both the REST API and the traditional command line interface (CLI).
The platform oversees a wide array of functions, including security, networking, line of business, operations, and development.
Components for effective security
While there are many automation solutions available, not all have the capabilities needed for effective security automation, which involves automating the manual tasks associated with enterprise security. Organizations looking to modernize their cybersecurity strategy should seek out automation platforms offering:
- A universal automation language that allows simple documentation of information between security team members
- Integration with your security infrastructure and vendor ecosystem
- A modular and extensible design for trouble-free deployment, which will help you accommodate new security tools in the future
How Red Hat Ansible enables network security
The Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform from CBTS delivers features necessary for security automation, combining easy-to-digest automation language with a composable execution environment alongside security-focused communication and collaboration capabilities.
The platform’s open foundation also allows for seamless connection to your security applications and IT infrastructure, creating a common platform for participation and sharing across an entire organization. A supported set of security-focused Ansible collections—modules, roles, playbooks, and more—is included with the platform. These assets coordinate a unified cybersecurity strategy to counter a variety of threats by providing:
- Chain workflows and playbooks for modular reusability.
- Consolidated and centralized logs.
- Support of local directory services and access controls.
- Integration of external apps using RESTful application programming interfaces (APIs).
Additionally, the Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform includes tools to help optimize automation:
- Automation Analytics offers insights into how your organization processes automation.
- Automation Hub lets team members access certified automation content via a centralized repository.
- Content Collections streamline the management, distribution, and consumption of automation assets.
Modernize your security approach with the right automation platform
With CBTS as your trusted partner, the Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform can help bring your IT teams together to respondto growing security threats faster and at scale. Our certified Red Hat Ansible experts will consult with you to understand your current environment and work with your team to customize the platform to meet your automation business objectives.
Contact us for more information on how the Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform can modernize your cybersecurity strategy.